Gold Coast Bridge Club
7th to 7th January 2024
|Tournament Director:||Alan Gibson|
- For the Tournament's Regulations, click here
- Quick and easy link to set up your free MyABF account.
- "How to" memo, including setting up your account.
- You Tube Video - MyABF for players - Part 1 - An introduction
- YouTube Video - My ABF for players - Part 2 - Browse, enter and pay for events
- Webpage listing all MyABF resources
- Note all players in your entry need to have their own personal MyABF account if they are to be specifically named when you lodge your entry. If you are lodging an entry but are waiting for a teammate to set up their own MyABF account, you can lodge the entry with the player shown as "TBA" (to be advised). If so, please also add their name in the comments area - which is then visible to the Tournament Organisers and the director. The "TBA" can be updated when the player has set up their MyABF account.
- Help on any MyABF issues is also available from Paul Brake - 0490 117 482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ENTER, ENTRY FEE
- Enter via MyABF (this site).
- Entry fee: $160 per team ($40 per player). Payment (via MyABF) can be made for all or one or more team members at a time.
- Entries close on (and payment must be received by) 5 pm Thursday 4th January 2024. Late entries and refunds at the discretion of the director.
- Need Help? If you have difficulties in registering your MyABF account, entering this particular event or paying for an entry, see the MyABF resources in the Links section of this webpage. You can also contact Alan Kestenberg on 0421329998 or email email@example.com who is happy to help!
Delicious Lunch Provided
Tea/coffee will be available all day.
Complimentary drinks and savouries at end of play
The director may vary the anticipated format if there is a change from the expected number of tables.
Generous cash prizes
The right is retained to divide the field for secondary prizes.
NEED A PARTNER OR TEAMMATES?
The MyABF on-line partnership desk used for this event allows you to advertise you are looking for a partner or teammates. This can be done privately (so only the tournament organisers know who you are) or publicly (all players can see your name/s). If players are listed as looking for partner/teammates, you can also see that and click on their names to contact them by email. You can withdraw from the partnership desk at any time.
This Congress is QBA approved and conducted under QBA regulations.
RED Masterpoints at B4 level for each match win or draw, plus the top third of overall field.
Green, Blue and Red systems and Brown Sticker conventions and treatments permitted.
Each pair must have two systemically identical ABF system cards at the start of each round. Players are responsible for ensuring the correctness of their system classification.
All players must adhere to the club's Covid-19 safe protocols, including any terms as stipulated on the day.
Players and officials are asked not to attend any event if they are infectious, or if they are supposed to be isolating or quarantining. Those who come to play and, feeling unwell, self diagnose that they are infectious, should inform the director and leave the venue.
Location - Gold Coast Bridge Club
Ample free parking is available at the club. For full details of transport options, click here.
The club will be providing snacks through out the day and lunch. Nibble and a drink at the end of play.
Tea and coffee provided throughout the day
The club has ramp access for wheelchair users, and has toilets for people with special needs.